Thursday, February 17, 2011

Are Buying Antiques considered Recycling??



I am lucky enough to work with some great ladies. One of them, Christina, is me but younger and cuter. We take stupid quizes and we always get the same answers. Her problem with men had always been my problem with men. Her insecurities are the same as mine. It is definitely crazy!! Anyway....we both love old things. Yesterday we decided to listen to Beach Boys radio on Pandora. It brought up the topic of antiquing and 40's and 50's cars and clothes and to Not our surprise, we were on the same page. I am currently wanting to buy these plates for my house. They are called Jadeite and they were made in the 40's and 50's,. I just love, love, love them. I also want to start building my wardrobe in order to include some fantastic period pieces. I just feel like that era was when Men were Men and Women were Women. All I have to do is talk my husband into letting me spend the money for these items and I will be set! At least now, I have a friend to go shopping with!!!!!! I know she won't be bored.

1 comment:

  1. Certainly will not be bored. I wish we had thousands of dollars to go out a remodel our homes and lives into the 40's and 50's. The good ol' days. You said it best... We were born in the wrong era. At least we truly appreciate everything from that time period. It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete